Not everyone uses “recover” drinks, but for those of you that do then I thought you might appreciate this super simple smoothie idea! Found via those fab chaps at Tailwind UK…
This is hands-down the simplest Coffee Rebuild Recovery Smoothie you can make, but that doesn’t make it any less delicious. Ready in under a minute, very few ingredients required!
- Toss everything in your blender and pulse until ice is thoroughly crushed.
- Enjoy within an hour of exercise!
From this simple base, feel free to spruce up or substitute to your heart’s content. Here are a few of our favourite additions and substitutions:
- Use dairy or non-dairy milk in place of water for added creaminess. I tried Oatmilk and that worked pretty well.
- Add a scoop of nut butter (peanut butter to you and me I think!) for more protein and thickness
- Top with whipped cream (for obvious reasons)
- I experimented with throwing in some strawberries and that seemed to go well
Ultimately it is super easy and tastes nice… So enjoy it!